We cherish your readership and want you to have a positive experience on the blog. We see this platform as a community and hope it keeps growing. Here are guidelines that help build our bond. These terms are legally binding.
In these terms and conditions (Terms), we, Zinny Factor and ‘you’ and ‘your’ means the person who uses any Device to access the Services through the website (Website). These Terms govern your access and use of the Website and the Services. These Terms are a legally binding contract between you and us before/ after you use the Website and access the Services.
You confirm the following:
(i) that you are the age of majority in the place where you live;
(ii) that you have read and agree to these Terms. These Terms take effect as long as you continue to access the Website and its Services.
Retaining a copy of the Terms
You may print or save these Terms using the print or save function in your browser. We have no responsibility to email you these terms as it’s publicly accessible.
Unless expressly provided otherwise herein, these Terms do not replace any other agreement you may have with us (now or in the future), including any consent or preference regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. All of the terms of your other agreements with us continue to apply.
What are our Services and how does it work?
Under these Terms, the Services means the features, functionality, content, and information provided by us via the Website and include any services that may be provided by Service Providers and Third Parties.
The Services currently available through the Website include:
- Career Advice: You can access our range of articles to grow and build your career, download free resources, and find help. Our articles range from workplace issues to how to attract more employers, improve your resume, ace interviews, increase your salary, get a promotion, work for a company you love, for a job you enjoy and more.
- Find the Right Job: You can search for a job on our website. Our goal is to provide you with a selection of jobs that match your skills and career goals.
- Networking: You may be able to connect with someone in your field via technological means who can mentor you, refer you for a job, ask questions, get answers and discover upcoming events.
Some of the Services may be provided in whole or in part by Service Providers and Third Parties. The Services are currently available in English only, despite any language settings on your Device.
The Services and the Website may not be accessible at all times. In addition, functionality, features, content or information may change, and may not always be available.
Information we collect, personal information and how we use it
Zinny Factor values its readers, contributors, partners, and our community in general. We appreciate you a great deal. We will not sell your email address, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook handles or any other social media handle. We take all necessary actions to secure our database.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username or password where applicable, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
We may collect personal or non-personal information from users or readers in several ways including, but not limited to, when readers visit our site, subscribe to the blog, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site.
Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site; such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilized, and other similar information.
Zinny Factor will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal or non-personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We will collect information from and about you such as:
- Information establishing your identity (e.g. name, address, email address, phone number, LinkedIn profile, date of birth, country and city of origin, etc.);
- Information related to your personal, educational and employment background (e.g. what level of education you have received and in what field(s) of study you received it in);
- Information for the provision of our Services.
- To run and operate our website. We may need your information to properly display content on the blog correctly.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey, or promote other blogs we feel will be useful to our users or readers.
- To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails to our readers. We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, announce winners of contests, and/or other requests.
- To create your profile on the Website and provide you with the Services;
- To determine your eligibility for products and services;
- To help us better understand the current and future needs of our users;
- To help us better manage our business and your relationship with us; and
as required or permitted by law.
We may obtain this information from a variety of sources, including from you, from service arrangements you make with or through us, from registries, from references you provide to us and from other sources, as is necessary for the provision of our Services.
For these purposes, we may:
- Make this information available to our partners, our agents and Service Providers, who are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information; and
- Share this information with other financial institutions and companies you apply to for a job opening.
Other optional uses of your personal information:
For these purposes, we may make the information we obtain from and about you available to our partners, agents, independent contractors, and Service Providers, who are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information. In the event our Service Provider is located outside of our jurisdiction, the Service Provider is bound by, and the information may be disclosed in accordance with, the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Service Provider is located.
We may also, where not prohibited by applicable laws, share the information we obtain from and about you for the purpose of referring you or promoting to you products and services of our partners which may be of interest to you. You acknowledge that as a result of such sharing, our partners may advise us of the products or services they provide to you.
We and our partners may communicate with you through various channels, most likely email using the contact information you have provided to us.
You may choose not to have your information shared or used for the “Other optional uses of your personal information” described above by contacting us as set out below and we will respect your choice. We may share your choice with our partners for the sole purpose of honoring your choice.
Your right to access your personal information
You may obtain access to the personal information we hold about you at any time and review its content and accuracy, and have it amended as appropriate; however, access may be restricted as permitted or required by applicable laws. To request access to such information, to ask questions about our privacy policies or to request that the information not be used for any or all of the purposes outlined in “Other optional uses of your personal information” you may do so now or at any time in the future by contacting us at [email protected] or https://www.zinnyfactor.com/contact.
Costs, Fees and Related Charges. Do I have to pay service fees?
There are no fees to access the Website or the Services. In the future, we may charge fees as our Services develop. Presently, we only charge fees to when it relates to our business services with our clients or prospective clients.
You are responsible for all costs, fees, data plans and related charges associated with your use of any Devices, and they are not reimbursable by us.
You can contact us at [email protected] or https://www.zinnyfactor.com/contact. We will contact you and provide notice using the information you provide through the Website. Except as provided below in the “Notices and Changes” section of these Terms, email is our primary method of communication. When we use email, we will send you electronic correspondence, including notifications, to the email address you provide to us through the Website. It is your responsibility to keep your email address up to date. You understand that if you do not keep your email address up to date, we may not be able to connect with you. Subscribe here.
We hope that you choose to remain with our community, however, we understand that you have the right to your choice, if that is the case, please request to have your contact deleted by contacting us or simply unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Notice and Changes
Notice – Any notice may be given to you through the Website or via the “Communication” section of these Terms.
Changes – We can change (add, remove or alter) any part or feature of the Services, without giving you notice. Following any such change, these Terms will continue to apply to all or parts of the Services. Subject to legal and regulatory requirements, we can also change these Terms by giving you notice of the change to the email address you provided when signing up for the Services, either before or after the changes take effect. If you use the Website or access the Services after we have notified you of a change, you are deemed to have reviewed and accepted the new version of these Terms.
Instructions and Security
You are responsible for the decisions you make when you are signed in and for the security of your information. When using the Website and accessing the Services, you agree that you will take all steps necessary to ensure that you do not reveal any confidential information to anyone other than us. This includes making sure that other people cannot see your Device screen.
You must also:
- Use reasonable security measures which include up-to-date virus scanning software and a firewall system, if such security measures are available for your Device;
- Comply with any additional security requirements that we may require in connection with the Services.
Service Providers and Third Parties.
Other entities help us provide the Services or offer Third Party Services. We may use Service Providers and Third Parties to provide or to assist us in providing the Services or Third Party Services. We do not sponsor or endorse any Third Party and we are not affiliated or associated with any Service Provider or Third Party.
When using the Website and accessing the Services,
- You may use Service Provider Services solely for your own personal use;
- You may not sell, distribute or otherwise use Service Provider Services or other information from the Website or the Services, and you may not permit such distribution or use by anyone else;
You understand and agree that
(ii) Third Party Services are provided “as-is” and “as available”, and that we expressly disclaim all warranties (express and implied) in connection with any Third Party Services and all information, products and other content included in or accessible from any Third Party Services, including, without limitation, any warranties regarding accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Service Providers retain all ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights, in Service Provider Services and to their trademarks and logos that appear on the Website and in the Services. Nothing in these Terms, the Website or the Services should be interpreted as conferring any right for you:
(i) to use Service Provider Services in any way other than as expressly permitted in these Terms; or
(ii) to use any Service Provider trademarks or logos.
You agree that we, Third Parties and Service Providers may use information and content you provide through the Website and the Services to create use and distribute statistical, profiling, performance or operational reports about the Website and the Services. These reports may be shared with Third Parties, in which case, the information in the reports will not be attributable to you.
We may receive fees when we refer you to Third Parties.
A Third Party may pay us, or we may receive from a Third Party, directly or indirectly, a referral fee when we refer you to the Third Party and you elect to purchase or obtain products or services from the Third Party. The amount of any referral fee paid or received for referrals will not affect the fees paid or payable, if any, by you to us or to the Third Party.
Compliance and Prohibitions. Appropriate use of the Website
Your use of the Website and access to the Services must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws.
When using the Website and accessing the Services, you will not:
- Provide untrue, inaccurate or incomplete information;
- Use the Website or access the Services for any illegal, fraudulent, malicious, harassing or defamatory activity or purpose;
- Use any robot, spider or other indexing devices when using the Website or accessing the Services;
- Use any part of the Services to provide internet, service bureau, outsourcing or third-party services or redistribute all or any part of the Services;
- Take steps or actions that could or do undermine the security, integrity, effectiveness, goodwill or connectivity of the Website or the Services (including illegal, fraudulent, malicious, defamatory or other activities that threaten to harm or cause harm to any other person); or
- Reverse engineer or reverse compile the source code for the Website or any of the service technology.
We retain at all times all ownership rights, including without limitation, copyright, in the Website. You agree not to copy, reproduce, transfer copies or reverse engineer the Website and not to disclose or distribute the Website to Third Parties. We have no obligation to provide any training, maintenance, or other assistance for the Website.
Zinny Factor is the owner, or licensee, of all intellectual property rights subsisting on each screen made available through the Website. Unless otherwise indicated, trademarks and logos, and all works, including texts, images, illustrations, software, HTML codes, audio clips and videos appearing on the Services are the property of Zinny Factor or those of our licensors, and without our express written permission, may not be reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or modified, in whole or in part, in any form whatsoever, except for personal and non-commercial use, including viewing, printing or archiving of electronic copies of your Website activities, in accordance with these Terms and as we may further instruct you. Nothing in these Terms or on the Website is to be interpreted as conferring a right to use our works, trademarks or logos in any other way, or those of any Service Providers.
No Representations or Warranties. The Website and the Services are provided “as is”.
We are providing you with the Website and the Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis and we do not make any representations or provide any warranties concerning them. Without limiting the foregoing, we expressly disclaim all warranties in connection with the Website and in connection with the Services, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Liabilities and Indemnities
We are not liable for any loss or damage suffered by you that is caused by any one or more of:
- The actions of, or any failure to act by a Third Party or Service Provider (and no such Third Party will be considered to be acting as our agent);
- Mistakes, errors, omissions, inaccuracies or other inadequacies of, or contained in the Services or Third Party Services or any data given by you to us or any Third Party or Service Provider, including your failure to update;
- Any delay, error, interruption or failure by us or any Third Party or Service Provider to perform or fulfill any of our obligations to you due to any cause beyond our control or their control, any system malfunctions or any technical failures;
- Unsecured communication being inaccurate, intercepted, reviewed or altered by others, or not received by you;
- Your access to the Services or Third Party Services, including, without limitation, any delay or inability to access the Services or Third Party Services;
- Your failure to receive or view any communication that has been presented to you, and we will not be responsible for any delay, damage or inconvenience that such failure may cause; or
- Your failure to fulfill any of your obligations under these Terms, including those in the “Security” section of these Terms, or to comply with any instructions we may provide to you from time to time in connection with the Website and the Services.
- You release and indemnify us for any claim, cost, and liability incurred: (i) as a result of your use of the Website any of the Services and Third Party Services; or (ii) as a result of your breach of these Terms.
On-Screen Terms. Terms are shown on-screen form part of these Terms
There may be terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers related to the Services, Third Party Services, or Offers displayed on the screens in the Website, or when you click on icons or links on the Website screens. By using any of the Services or any Offers, you must access and agree that the terms, conditions, instructions or disclaimers apply to your use of or access to the applicable Services, Third Party Services, or Offers, in addition to the terms and conditions of any other applicable agreements.
Assignment and Severability
If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the other provisions of these Terms. Our failure to enforce strict performance of any provisions of these Terms does not mean we have waived any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between you and us, nor trade practice modifies any provision of these Terms. We may assign or transfer these Terms on notice to you. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or any of the obligations or rights under these Terms to any other person.
We have the right at all times to assign any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms to our partners. The Services may then be delivered by them to whom we assign these Terms.
The accepted language is in English.
You and we have expressly requested that these Terms and all related documents, including notices, be drawn up in the English language.
If users or readers decide to subscribe to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include our blog’s news, updates, a related product, or service information, etc. We may use third-party service providers to help operate this blog or business and or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Questions and Suggestions
We are happy to receive questions or suggestions from users and readers so please feel free to. Depending on the question, it may be answered on the blog as a post, through the comment sections, or via personal means (email or other social media platforms). We’ll try as much as possible to respond to your questions as soon as possible.
Any comment we deem inappropriate or offensive will be deleted. We try as much as possible to ensure that the comment section stays clean and positive. People have a lot going on at work and in life generally, so we want them to feel welcome. In most cases, each comment will be approved before it becomes visible.
Please bear in mind that because of how search engines work, something you wrote on the blog may appear on Google, Yahoo, or Bing. We believe in promotion, marketing, and entrepreneurship and you are free to promote yourself on the blog, but that shouldn’t be your primary objective. We hope to hear from your own perspective, learn, share your experience, and connect with you. We see the blog as a community.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. Your continued use of this website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Thank you so much for visiting Zinny Factor and we hope you stay with the community and enjoy our services!