The 19th of March marked the one-year anniversary of this blog, Zinny Factor and I was so ecstatic. I never imagined I’ll blog this long, I had my doubts and I’m glad to know that I overcame my fears. I just really want to say a big thank you to everyone of you. The support I’ve received just from updating this space on the web has been amazing. I’ve made several friends via the internet and hoping to meet you all someday. I’m extremely excited to know that you love what I’ve been doing, but I know that more has to be done here as well.
I’m also pleased with the feedback I received from the survey. I’ve taken out time to answer some of the topics requested and I’ll go ahead to make more posts on areas not addressed. I received several suggestions which I have taken into consideration and because of this, several things will be changing on the blog with time. I hope to concentrate more on areas related to daily issues you may face at work and I’ll also be interviewing a couple of workers as time goes on.
I work a full-time job and I must confess that it’s not been easy promoting posts as well as writing them. Please show more support by sharing posts that you really enjoyed. It’ll come a long way and will help with growing this community.
I started blogging because I absolutely wanted a space where I could share work issues that no one talked about in open. I wanted to use my experience to help someone who may need such advice and I wanted to create a space where all workers could start up a conversation on any issue at all.
I have discovered a lot of bloggers ever since I started blogging, I just haven’t discovered anyone in a similar niche to the extent that I would love to. Most bloggers in my niche are not from my generation and have become more of mentors for me. If you know anyone that blogs in a similar niche, please let me know, I’d love to connect!
I must say that blogging hasn’t been a perfect journey but one thing I’ve taken out of blogging is that it has become a hobby. It’s never really been a thing of statistics or money for me. It’s been more of my passion for this niche and for everything workplace.
However, this doesn’t go to say that if I receive high stats or compensation from blogging I wouldn’t be pleased. I would be extremely joyed and gracious knowing that useful information is shared among the working force. I’m just saying that blogging about the workplace is really something dear to my heart. Geographically, I haven’t set boundaries here, everyone from any nationality or location is welcome to grab a seat over here.
With the foregoing, I’m pleased to announce that the survey is now closed. Thank you so much for sharing all of that useful information with me and please continue to support Zinny Factor.
Future for Zinny Factor
I’m going to spice things up here a bit because I know that no one wants to get bored. Sometimes we need work issues kept aside and we just want to let our hair down.
1. I’ll be sharing fun activities to participate in on weekends. It will be updated in the relaxation category. I’ll start this gradually, though. As you must have noticed, I love indoor activities but we could blame that on winter. Hopefully, now that the weather is better, you should see more posts on fun activities. Presently, I have been sharing movie ideas on the blog. Visit the relaxation category if you missed any.
2. I’ll be interviewing people who work from home or work from an office. It ‘ll be good to know their perspective on how they handle work-life issues and you could learn a thing or two. They could also share daily work challenges and how they succeed at work.
The first interview has been uploaded and you can read all of it HERE.
3. I will also interview executives and it may give some perspective on what is expected of employees. This was suggested by a reader. (Thank you!)
4. I’ll continue publishing articles that relate to the workplace.
5. I’ve created an FAQ page to answer questions I receive frequently. Please check it out! If you have any more questions, I’ll be happy to update the page. Also, check out the Privacy Statement and Disclosure Statement.
6. I’m also looking to collaborate with other bloggers, agencies, or do a workshop/ training. If you’d want to work with me on any project, please click here. I’ll be excited to do so and I’m open to any ideas you may have. Please hit me up!
7. Finally, I’m seriously contemplating something different for the blog, a friend said to go for it, I’ll do so and you’d be informed of course.
To every person that has sent me a private message or email to get suggestions from me, thank you so much for trusting that I will be of help and getting my professional help. It really means a lot. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. I’m always looking out to help make your work-life much enjoyable.
I’m sure this is the part you’ve all been waiting for, me too!
I love gift cards so much because it can be so difficult to know what specific thing a person would want. For this giveaway, I’ll be giving out two gift cards to two readers.
If you are in Nigeria, (because I have quite a handful of readers from Nigeria), I’ll be giving out Jumia gift cards from Sure Gifts worth N5, 000. 00k. When I discovered Sure Gifts, I was so happy because I didn’t know that they existed initially.
If you reside in any other country, I’ll be giving out Walmart gift cards worth 25 CAD. If Walmart isn’t situated where you live, we can work out any other gift card store close to you.
Terms & Conditions
To qualify for this giveaway, you must follow these simple rules.
- You must be subscribed to my blog! Click Here to subscribe.
- Leave a comment below (on this blog post) stating why you should win a Gift Card.
- Follow @Zinnyify on Instagram
- Tag 1 of your friends on the giveaway post on my page (optional).
Please note that you must complete these steps to qualify. Two winners would be randomly selected.
This giveaway starts today Sunday, 26 March 2017 and ends on Sunday, 02 April 2017 at Midnight (EST). Winners would be announced on my Instagram page or the blog on Monday, 03 April 2017.
It was nice to have you participate in the giveaway. I noticed an increase in visits but not much participation. Why??! *lol* Anyway, it was a bit difficult to select just two winners and I really wish everyone could win something.
Winners were selected based on how well they followed the simple rules to qualify. They were then shortlisted and randomly selected by another reader. I am glad to announce that the winners of this giveaway are Oyin and Rick.
Thanks so much for your participation. I will send you both an email to redeem your gift card.
For every other reader, thanks so much for supporting Zinny Factor. Do have a great week ahead!