When I created the relaxation category, what I had in mind was to create a space where we could discuss non-work related stuff and find ways to ease the stress in our personal lives.
It was to be some sort of place for us to gist whilst learning one or two things. Just to have a relaxed space on the blog, you know? We have to let our hair down every once in a while, or what do you think?
If you have other topics you’d want me to share in this category, please let me know! I write for you and I want to listen to you. I want to serve you and it gladdens my heart to know that you appreciate my efforts. Again, thank you for always visiting.
Before I go any further, I just want to state that I am in no way a professional cook, chef, or caterer. I just want to share something that works for me on busy days.
If you are a loyal reader of this blog, by now you’d know that I often collaborate with The Food Disciple to share easy and quick food recipes here on the blog for you to emulate. We want to make meal preparations less stressful for you.
If you haven’t seen any of our collaborations, please go to the header of this blog and search for ‘food’, several articles will pop up. Otherwise, just scroll through the relaxation category and you’ll find amazing recipes.
There are so many times when I feel so lazy to make a decent meal and the meal that saves my day is usually Homemade Burger. It’s really easy and just yesterday I made some for myself and thought to share with you.
Anytime I make some for myself, I become reminded of my friend. Thanks to her for introducing me to homemade burgers because I have become the queen *haha*. I always ensure I have frozen burgers in my freezer for those lazy days. I love to have a tasty classy hamburger, but if I’m not visiting high-end burger restaurants, I’d rather make some myself.
I love this homemade version for many reasons:
- It takes barely 15 minutes
- It’s super easy and I get to decide what should be included
- I am sure of the hygiene
- It’s super filling
- It’s great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Perfect work meal.
- It’s healthy; in the sense that it contains protein, iron, vegetables, etc. For a long time, I wasn’t eating beef and I became iron deficient. So thanks to burgers that help me strike that balance because I can be so forgetful. You can try out chicken burgers as well, but I prefer beef.
I thought I should share with you because it’s the weekend and you may want to shop for burgers. It could come in handy on that lazy day. We need to reduce any form of stress.
If you are convinced, continue reading.
What you need
- Bagel, Bun, or Bread (2 slices)
- Frozen Beef Burgers (or Chicken)
- Black ground pepper (optional)
- Ketchup, Barbecue Sauce, or Margarine
- 1/4 Onions, finely chopped (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
- Vegetables: Tomatoes, Cabbage, Lettuce, Cucumber, etc. (just very little amount)
- Oven/ grill
- Frying pan
- Follow the instruction on the package (depending on the brand). Cook from frozen. Place burger on a pre-heated grill and grill for 5-7 minutes per side.
- If you are using a dry frying pan, throw in the frozen burgers and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes per side. You don’t need to pour in vegetable oil because the burgers usually have its own oil. Wait for some minutes for the juice to run through.
- If you are using an oven, make use of the ‘broil’ option.
- Throw in a slice of cheese if you want some, sprinkle some ground pepper as well and allow it melt for a bit
- Toast your bread or bagel. If you don’t have a toaster, you can make use of a dry frying pan and dry out the bread on both sides.
- Spread some ketchup on a slice of bread, and barbecue sauce on another.
- On a slice of bread or bagel, lay on the grilled or broiled burger. Now add some slices of tomatoes, cabbage, cucumber, or any other vegetable of your choice. Top it with the second slice of bread or bagel.
- Your food is ready. Enjoy it with a cold drink or cup of tea.
I hope the direction was easy to understand. If you need anything cleared out please let me know. You should have this for breakfast or lunch sometime next week. I took some pictures with my phone but they didn’t turn out good, so I had to search for some photos online and it’s been duly credited.
If you live in Nigeria, I am sure Shoprite has frozen burgers available. You can look out for some at your nearest stores too.
Will you be preparing this anytime soon? Please let me know in the comment section below.
Have you completed the quick survey? If no, please click here to do so. It’s so simple and wouldn’t take anything more than 5 minutes. Thank you!
Not subscribed to the blog yet? Please click here to do so.
Photo Credit: Quentin Bacon and J. Kenji Lopez-Alt