It’s still Friday here in Toronto, Canada and I was wondering, what better way to enjoy yourself this weekend and plan for work next week other than meal preparation?
Did the picture at the top get your attention? It sure did for me!
You all know that I’ve had collaborations in the past with The Food Disciple and she has never failed us with wonderful recipes. If you missed any of our food idea posts, please, by all means, search for ‘food’ on the blog and read up! Or just go to the relaxation category and scroll your way through.
Personally, I am a ‘chicken fan’ so you can understand why I’m particularly excited about today’s recipe. I remember we’ve had a chicken recipe here on the blog before. In case you missed it, please click here. I gave some fun facts of chicken and why I love the recipe.
Read: Lunch Idea for Work
If you’re a vegetarian, not to worry. Keep on reading this post; there is a salad recipe you can try. I totally respect your decision to be vegetarian.
Yeah, I know I’m a spoiler but seriously, keep reading, I know you’d love the recipe.
Like I was saying earlier, I know that the whole idea for sharing recipe ideas on the blog was all to help create quick, easy, and fast meals you can take to work. But this recipe takes a total of 1 hour 20 minutes. If you don’t have the luxury of such amount of time, it’s quite understandable, you can try this on a weekend (tomorrow is Saturday). Or you could try it on any other free day. Either way, this recipe is a must try!
Here is today’s recipe: Roast Cornish Game Hens
Cornish Game Hen is also known as Cornish Hen, Poussin, Rock Cornish Hen, or Rock Cornish. It’s a hybrid chicken sold whole. It’s also a broiler chicken and the most common strain of commercially raised meat chickens. But just in case you were wondering, it’s not a game bird.
And of course, we all know that hen is a female bird, especially of a domestic fowl.
*Haha* ..a little bit of agriculture talk, yeah?
So if you go shopping, make the right selection. Your meal has to be on point! This recipe can’t go to waste. *lol*
Please, please, please, try out this recipe for the following reasons:
- It’s extremely delicious and easy to make.
- I don’t think 1 hour 20 minutes would be too long a time for you to treat yourself to a proper work meal.
- You can freeze it and take to work; it’s pretty easy to pack up.
- This will make a good lunch idea.
- It’s spicy and tasty; I love spicy food but it all depends on how you want it in the end.
- Top up this meal with diced potatoes and carrots.
- You could have this meal along with a side dish: any dish of your choice.
- You can definitely have this meal along with a glass of cold apple juice. You know I’m always a ‘team apple juice’ lady. Any other drink will be just fine!
A side dish I’d recommend is this salad recipe also from The Food Disciple: Grilled Corn, Tomato, Spinach, and Arugula Salad
I always keep to my word; for my vegetarian readers, this is for you! It’s rich and so easy to pull through.
For other recipes ensure to visit The Food Disciple’s blog, it’s filled up with goodies and tasties!