Hello!! How has the week been? This week has been a busy one but as always, I am grateful for so many things. Happy Thanksgiving to our readers in the US. I really hope you are having a great celebration. In Canada, we celebrated Thanksgiving in October and I shared some posts on the blog. You can find it HERE and HERE.
In the spirit of the celebration, The Food Disciple and I are sharing another recipe with you. Thanksgiving is a day to be thankful. I believe we all have so many things to be thankful for. I know that there may be a lot going on but search within and you will find something to be thankful for.
If you are located in a country where Thanksgiving isn’t celebrated, I still think we should use this opportunity to be grateful for a lot of things. Please try to do the following:
- Write out ever good things that happened to you at the end of each day
- Talk to someone about everything nice that happened to you in a day
- Talk more about the positive things in your life
- Be grateful for everything, no matter what
- Even on your worst days, try to think of the good thing that happened, no matter how minute.
Did you ever get to read this post here? There was an inspiring video in that article that totally relates to today’s post. You should check it out.
Now, to today’s recipe, we have Plantain Frittata!!!!
I was so happy to see plantain in today’s recipe idea, especially because it was in a different form. I love plantain so much.
Fun Fact: When I first relocated to Canada it took me a while to locate a grocery store that sold ripe plantains. I could find unripe ones but it was always so difficult to get ripe plantains. My boss at the time was kind enough to show me a few selected grocery stores that sold ripe plantains.
When she discovered my love for plantains, she made it a duty to give me plantain chips every day at work. She was one of my favorites and I miss her so much.
Anyway, here are reasons why you should try out this recipe:
- It’s made out of plantain. (lol) I guess we all love plantains, don’t we? Please tell me yes!
- It takes about 45 minutes to prepare
- It’s great for work. Just imagine you are having a healthier version of pizza
- This recipe is something different. Try something different every once in a while
- This meal is easy to pack up and won’t take so much space
I hope you will try this out very soon. To see the full recipe, please visit The Food Disciple’s blog. She has other amazing recipes you can try out too.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to the blog if you haven’t, and feel free to follow me on all social media platforms. I look forward to hearing from you!
Have a beautiful week ahead and once again, Happy Thanksgiving to you!